The Cambridge A Level (Sixth Form) will commence in September and January every year for students who completed their IGCSE/O Level examinations or equivalent. The Cambridge A Level is a pre-university programme targeted for students who want to pursue their studies overseas and is one of the most viable options to apply into prestigious universities worldwide.
Why Study A Level in KIS?
- Scaled down class size for optimum lecturer-student interaction where students stay engaged and communication is enhanced.
IELTS English Examination Preparatory Classes
- IELTS English preparation is important for students who are planning to study for their degrees. In KIS, lecturers prepare students for the IELTS examinations, a required pre-requisite for most renowned universities worldwide.
Guidance and preparation for UCAS applications to universities in the UK
Assistance in scholarship applications
- KIS assists students on scholarship applications to affiliated and other universities of the student’s choice.
Practical Science Lab is compulsory for Science students
- Students taking Sciences (Biology, Chemistry & Physics) will frequent the school science laboratories for practical lessons.
Safe study environment
- Study in a beautiful, landscaped, safe and sound environment with 24-hour security provided
Sports and extra curricular activities are a part of the student’s daily lifestyle
Sixth formers enjoy their tertiary education in a more sophisticated set-up for daily lessons and activities
|Programme Duration||18-24 months|
|Intakes||January & September|
Students can opt to sit for a minimum of THREE (3) subjects up
to a maximum of FOUR (4) subjects.
International standard science labs for A Level
Table tennis court
|Entry requirements||A minimum of 5 credits (grade C and above) in SPM / IGCSE O Level or equivalent.|
|Students will sit for University of Cambridge International Examinations Advanced (A) Level in two phases:
1) AS Level which accounts for 50% of the overall marks for each subject
2) A2 Level which accounts for another 50% of the overall marks for each subject.Students who have successfully completed the AS Level will then move on to do the A2 level examinations. Universities require the overall total grade of both AS and A2 Level for university entrance.
|How to apply||1) Fill up the application form for A Level. You can download the form from our Download Section.
2) Application form must be attached with the
– Photocopy of Passport/IC
– Photocopy of parent’s IC if applicant is below 18 years old
– 2 passport-sized photographs of applicant and both parents
– O Level or SPM or equivalent certificates and other relevant academic documents and result transcripts