KINGSLEY SECONDARY SCHOOL
The secondary school focuses on 2 main goals:
- Equipping the students with necessary skills and knowledge in preparation for their IGCSE Cambridge examination in Year 11
- Moulding the students’ characters and charisma.
Our strategies include:
- Imparting up-to-date knowledge and information
- Challenging the students’ minds to be critical and analytical
- Creating awareness on current issues
- Building confidence among the students to voice out their and opinions by reasoning, debating or questioning
- Instilling good values and fun in learning
- Providing an avenue for the students to grow into their fullest potential
In order to achieve these goals, our lessons are interactive and engaging through different teaching methods such as discussions, pair work, presentations, debates, seminars, dialogues, research work, projects, field trips/ excursions and hands-on activities. Besides that, we also gear towards building the students’ characters through community services, team-building activities and mentor-mentee programme.
SUBJECTS & CURRICULUM
Year 7, 8 & 9
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Performing Arts (Speech, Drama & Music)
(Year 7 &8)
- Personal, Social & Health Education (PSHE)
- Physical Education
- Malay (compulsory for Malaysian students)
- Modern Foreign language (Mandarin or Spanish)
Year 10 & 11
(updated as at 18 September 2017)
- Malay (compulsory to all Malaysian students)
- Modern Foreign Language (Mandarin or Spanish)
- Physical Education
- Additional Mathematics
- Business Studies
- Art & Design
- Food & Nutrition
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Monday : 7.40am - 3.30pm
Tuesday - Thursday : 7.40am - 3.00pm
Friday : 7.40am - 2.20pm
Extra Curriculum Activities (ECA) for Year 7 to Year 12 are from 8.00am - 9.00am on Thursday and Friday.
Term 1: September
Term 2: January
Term 3: April
Curriculum developed by the University of Cambridge International Examinations
Breakfast and lunch are provided to students who subscribe to our termly School Meal Plan. Daily meal vouchers can also be purchased from the Front Office.
Year 7, 8, 9 & 10: A written placement test is required for English and Mathematics. The placement test is conducted between Monday to Friday (9.00am - 2.00pm) except on public holiday.
Currently, we accept students directly into Year 11 only on case by case basis.
To gain entry into Maple Leaf Kingsley International School, students are required to pass the School placement test before a letter of offer is issued.
Transportation services are available for nearby areas such as Putra Heights, USJ, Subang Jaya, Puchong (most areas), Kota Kemuning and others. You are welcomed to check with Customer Care Personnel at 03-54816090 for more information. Transporter company is appointed by Maple Leaf Kingsley International School and they will liaise with the parents. Maple Leaf Kingsley International School does not operate the transportation services, and only provide the transport service providers’ contact to interested students.